My week isn’t the same without having my Friday evening pamper sessions. I know when I can just take a step back and really give myself that self-care so I thought I’d share with you exactly what I do to unwind. Oh and remember to switch your phone of at this point!
So let’s start with hair and body-
So this is when I would get in the bath and fizz it up with a bath bomb from Lush. Lush bath bombs are perfect for relaxation and they look good too! Before I cut my hair I would massage coconut oil into my hair every week but since I don’t want to grow it out any time soon, I keep it to occasionally (coconut oil is incredible if you want to grow your hair). I then wash it out with this Herbal Essences shampoo.
Skincare- (part 1)
So my next favorite step after the head massage is to treat my skin. I believe in really looking after the skin weekly as the stress and dirt during the week can really show on your face.
- So I start off with my Garnier Cleanser which is really calm on the skin as I have sensitive skin, it comes in a gel form which is soothing too.
- I then use an exfoliator called Aapri which I use to buff away any dead and dry skin as I suffer from this. It’s quite gentle as it comes in a gel form and has tiny beads in it so it isn’t too rough on the skin. Alternatively, you can make your own scrub which does the exact same job- all you will need is sugar, honey and lemon and after mixing, apply it all to your face and let it dry for a while. When it is dry, buff away dead skin by rubbing the scrub off gently in circular motions.
- Not forgetting lips, I use a homemade scrub consisting of coconut oil and sugar and again I follow the same steps to buff away dry skin on the lips.
The face mask!-
So this part will depend on your skin type and what your skin needs at that moment in time. If I feel like my skins needs a deep cleanse then I will use a clay mask, if I feel it needs hydration, I will use a hydrating one and so forth. While waiting for it to dry I usually catch up on some Youtube 🙂
Skin care- (part 2)-
4. After carefully washing the mask off, I will apply this gentle toner from Lush that will now calm, balance and sooth my skin while reducing any redness. It contains Rose water and Lavender water that is great for the skin!
5. My favourite part is the moisturiser. This moisturiser from Nivea was recommended to me by a friend and it is A-MAZING. For the night, it’s like it says it is, it’s rich and extremely moisturising which is perfect after an evening of playing with your skin.
After this, I will apply some castor oil onto my eyebrows and eyelashes to lengthen them further.
So another gift I recieved 2 years ago, was a hand ‘mask’ from Lush. I’ve never heard of these before so it was great getting one. It is again, amazing! It’s literally giving yourself a hand massage in the comfort of your own home and it leaves a noticeable result. All this requires is for you to melt it in hot water until it develops and thickens and then pop your hands in it!
After massaging my hands, I finish off with a moisturising hand cream. And for my freshly scrubbed lips, I apply some hydrating lip balm.
As always let me know what you thought by leaving a comment below and hitting the like button. And if there’s anything you would like me to try let me know. Thanks for reading x